EHR Meaningful Use
As the evolution of Meaningful Use (MU) unfolds in tandem with other pay-for-performance initiatives, the most effective technology infrastructures leverage a foundation of clinical decision support (CDS) to help drive clinician adoption of the latest best-practice evidence.
MU's initial focus on the basics of data capture and sharing has now evolved into the deeper focus of Stage 2 on advanced clinical processes. As the MU roadmap matures into the expanded focus on improved outcomes of Stage 3 and beyond, expectations for demonstrated use of CDS at the point of care will mount.
ProVation® Order Sets Helps Meet Meaningful Use Challenges
ProVation Order Sets, powered by UpToDate® Decision Support supports clinician adoption of CPOE and the elevated use of decision support tools needed to position healthcare organizations for the future of MU.
- CPOE adoption and use is buoyed by UpToDate, the clinical information resource most-trusted by physicians worldwide and the evidence-based component of ProVation Order Sets
- Capture of vital signs, smoking status and Advance Directives information is simplified by presenting those as default pre-checked options on appropriate order sets
- Patient-specific education resources, including Patient Problems, Medications and Laboratory Tests, are provided via direct links to UpToDate from the order sets
- Order set names and diagnoses are linked to LOINC, RxNORM, ICD-9 and SNOMED CT® codes and associated with the patient problem list
A Recognized Market Leader
- ProVation Order Sets ranked highest against the competition in recent KLAS Research surveys
- UpToDate has been singled out in industry reports and peer-reviewed literature for its ability to impact quality and increase physician adoption of EHR's and industry best practices
- A 2012 review of clinical content vendors from The Advisory Board recognized the superior functionality and dynamic data capabilities of ProVation Order Sets